Services for students

Some of the most important services offered by Student Services at a glance.


You can pay the semester fee at the SSC using your debit card (EC-Karte). In most cases we will be able to print your new student ID immediately.


In most cases your completed form can be processed immediately. Please bring your “Studienbuch” (blue course record book), which you received upon enrolment.

Changes in name or address:

Once the necessary documents have been submitted, these can also be processed. Changes become effective immediately.

New Student ID/Certificate of enrolment:

New student IDs/certificates of enrolment can be printed immediately. A fee of €10 applies, payable either by debit card (EC-Karte) or credit card at the SSC. Alternatively you can transfer the amount to the following account:

Recipient: Heinrich-Heine-Universität
IBAN: DE55 3005 0000 0004 0011 11
Reference: matriculation number / Studienbescheinigung

Please bring proof of the transfer with you.

Record of credits (Leistungsübersicht):

A current record of your credit points can be printed immediately at the SSC. In some cases the records need to be pre-ordered from the Academic Examination Office. (Link)


Any fees charged by the Registrar’s Office or the Academic Examination Office can be paid at the SSC using your EC card<s>,</s> and will be directly transferred and confirmed.

Withdrawing from exams:

Forms are accepted at the SSC and passed on to the Academic Examination Office.

Accepting final theses:

During our opening hours you can hand in your thesis. You will get a written receipt.

Advice for students:

We can help with a lot of questions straight away – for more complicated issues we can help you find a suitable advisory service.

Photo of

Dr. Doris Hildesheim

Responsible for the content: