European Studies (englischsprachig) (Master Programme)
Der Masterstudiengang European Studies an der Heinrich-Heine-Universität baut auf ein vorangegangenes erfolgreiches vierjähriges Bachelorstudium auf und wendet sich an wissenschaftlich interessierte Studierende.
Dieser zweisemestrige Studiengang mit dem Master of Arts (M.A.) als Abschluss ist zulassungsfrei mit „Nachweis der besonderen Eignung“ (Bewerbung und Eignungsfeststellung erfolgen direkt an der Heinrich-Heine-Universität) und kann jeweils im Wintersemester begonnen werden.
European Studies (englischsprachig) Bewerbung: Eignungsfeststellung
Vorstellung des Studiums / Steckbrief
European Studies Master
The one-year Master programme European Studies is a new and innovative study programme offered by the Institute of Social Sciences at Heinrich-Heine-University Düsseldorf. The MA programme of European Studies enables students to deal with the complex process of European integration and the relevance of its policy of peace on a scientific level.
A central aim of the studies is the improvement of independent and analytical thinking as well as the promotion of self-reliance, openness to dialogue and team spirit by means of working on scientific questions. It prepares students for a professional occupation within the working areas of Politics, Policy Consulting, Administration, Media and Civil Society Organizations thus dealing with European actors, institutions and processes including occupational activities in the partner countries of the European Union within the scope of a lively Neighbourhood Policy.
Important: In principle this programme is open to all students meeting the preconditions for admission, but it has been especially designed for students from Israel, Palestine and Jordan. Therefore we expect most students to come from our partner universities in these countries.
Studienverlauf European Studies Master
The study programme corresponds to the Duesseldorf profile of a research oriented MA programme, it comprises
- a team research project: a team of three students will conduct a research project on their own for one semester
- a master forum: weekly meeting of all students of the MA programme to discuss team research projects or master thesis, to hold guest lectures, to coordinate and organise the study programme, to evaluate the study programme etc.
- a master thesis (to be written in four months).
The programme consists of eight master courses, covering political, social, economic, legal, historical and cultural aspects of the "Governance of the EU" and the "Integration of European societies".
Studieneinstieg: Master European Studies
- The Master´s programme in European Studies is offered to students with a Bachelor´s degree (above average or "with distinction") in social sciences, law, economics, history or cultural studies.
- Before starting the one-year MA programme in European Studies students must have completed four years of university studies since German MA degrees require a minimum of five years of study.
- Students must have successfully completed courses in European Studies (above average or "with distinction") equivalent to a one year study programme.
- Good knowledge of the English language is required (Level B2 of Common European Framework of Reference for Languages / TOEFL iBt with 87 points minimum / International English Language Testing System IELTS 5.5).
Basic communication skills in German are not required but highly advisable.
Language certificate for English language (Level B2 / Common European Framework for Reference for Languages):
- IELTS (academic) minimum 5.5, including at least 5.5 in section “writing”
- TOEFL iBt with 87 points minimum
- We do not accept TOEIC
European Studies Master, Weitere Informationen
Dr. Guido Quetsch
Tel.: +49 211 81-14092
Fax: +49 211 81-12875