Information for parents of first-year students
we are very pleased that you, together with your daughter or son, are thinking about a course of study at Heinrich Heine University (HHU) in Düsseldorf, Germany.
As parents, it is natural that you want the best for your daughter or son. We also wish our students a carefree and successful time. That is why it is very important to us to always provide an ideal service.
Every year we ask all students from abroad at Heinrich Heine University about their experience. The result is impressive: Over 80% of those interviewed recommend studying at Heinrich Heine University. Apart from a high quality education, other reasons speak in favour of studying at HHU Duesseldorf:
- a high degree of safety on the campus and in the city;
- a high level of quality of life and a broad spectre of recreational and cultural activities: ⇒Discover Düsseldorf;
- a stable and international social environment which is supportive and in which students are easily integrated;
- a very good infrastructure making it fun to discover Düsseldorf and from there all of Germany;
- the city's economically convenient location with numerous job opportunities during your studies and a wide range of career opportunities after graduation.
Please have a look at our outline “Six reasons for studying at HHU".
In other words: Düsseldorf has a lot to offer as a place to study and is a very good choice.
Getting to know a new culture and learning to stand on your own two feet – a stay abroad is a big step which needs to be well thought through and planned. On our websites and the websites of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) you will find answers to the most frequent questions on studying in Germany.
We are looking forward to answering your questions concerning a study course at HHU: Please contact our International Student Orientation Service!
Dr. Anne Gellert
Heinrich Heine University